Monday, July 18, 2011

G-Camp and all its inspirations

Take a look at these girls and just try to tell me they aren't the most perfect things you've ever seen.

See? You can't.

They all look beautiful despite a wearying week of hiking through hailstorms, waking up at ridiculous hours, belting out meaningless chants until their voices went hoarse, simmering in campfire smoke and listening to me. And they all look happy. You may be scoffing and thinking to yourself something along the lines of, "It's a posed picture. They're expected to smile." But let me tell you, Reader, that I have never seen a happier, more upbeat and positive group of human beings.

I went into this week expecting to be their teacher and I left having been taught. It's funny how that works out.

"We are each gifted in a unique and important way. It is our privilege and our adventure to discover our own special light." ~Mary Dunbar

No comments:

Post a Comment